Current Openings at WGACA
Assistant Store Manager (new York City)
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for developing and motivating the entire staff to provide superior customer service that maximizes sales and profits.
- Responsible for selling, recruitment/hiring, training of sales staff, and ensuring store is operating efficiently through operational processes.
- Responsible for achieving aggressive sales goals, maintaining and assisting with visual merchandising, store upkeep, and inventory control.
- Manage staffing issues, conduct appraisals and performance reviews, and provide training and development.
- Analyze and interpret trends to facilitate planning of stock levels.
- Set a standard for effective, ongoing communication, training, and feedback.
- Ensure standards of quality and customer service by effectively communicating with store personnel and customers.
- Act with integrity and business maturity to drive and manage change, generate sales, and promote operational excellence.
- espond to customer complaints and comments; use independent judgment and discretion.
- Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry, and monitor what local competitors are doing.
- Be flexible with the schedule in order to meet the needs of the business, including evening and weekend shifts.
- 2-3 years proven, successful, Management experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Must have knowledge and passion for all things vintage
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Must bring excitement to the work environment and have a professional presence
- Knowledge and experience working in Luxury Retail is a plus
- Bi-lingual candidates are a plus
- Existing Client book is a plus
Please email a cover letter and resume and note which position you are seeking to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experienced Sales Associate (New York City)
LUXURY RETAIL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
Candidates will be responsible for providing superior customer service that maximizes sales and profits. Responsible for selling and achieving aggressive sales goals, maintaining and assisting with visual merchandising, store upkeep, inventory control, and maintenance of store records. Must set a standard for effective, ongoing communication and feedback.
Must possess an entrepreneurial spirit with excellent problem solving abilities and be able to exercise independent judgment and discretion. Must have at least 3 years luxury retail sales experience with clothing and accessories including merchandising, opening and closing procedures, and the ability to drive sales and increase margins. A love of vintage and its history a plus. Must bring excitement to the work environment and have a professional presence. Must be able to act with integrity and business maturity, generate sales, promote operational excellence, and must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evening and weekend shifts.
Please email a cover letter and resume that detail your luxury experience to: email@example.com.