Privacy & Security
Our Commitment to Privacy
What Goes Around Comes Around (WGACA) values our customers and respect your privacy. We collect information about you in our stores and through our website in an effort to improve your shopping experience and to communicate with you about our products, services, contests and promotions. As described in this policy, we may share your information with our affiliated companies and, under certain circumstances, with third parties that provide services on our behalf or with whom we have partnered to offer a particular product or service.
This policy describes the personal information we collect about you, why we collect it, how we use it, and when we share it with third parties. Our policy also describes the choices you can make about how we collect and use your information. If our information practices change, we will post an updated policy on our website. You can tell if the policy has changed by checking the revision date that appears above. If we change the policy in a material way, we will provide appropriate notice to you. You may exercise your choices about how we collect and use your information consistent with this policy at any time.
What kind of information does WGACA collect?
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card number, gender, birthday, personal interests, etc., when you visit our website or one of our stores, place an order online, make an in-store purchase, save your information with us online, contact us with a question or concern, or participate in a contest, promotion, or survey. We maintain a record of your product interests and the purchases you make online or by phone and in our stores.
How does WGACA use my information?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To process and fulfill your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment, and to process merchandise returns
- To communicate with you and, with your consent when required, to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications
- To permit you to create an online wish list and, if you choose, to share that list with your friends and others who are registered on the site and know your email address
- To permit you to create a personal address book for your shipping address(es) on our site
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions and programs in which you participate
- To help us learn about your shopping preferences and purchasing history, including so that we may tailor offers to you
- To help us address problems with and improve and develop our site design, products and services
- To enhance your shopping experience
- For our internal business purposes, such as to analyze trends and statistics, for audits and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns
- To protect the security or integrity of our website and our business
- To contact you if necessary regarding your transactions, your account, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and/or for other administrative purposes
- You always have the choice not to receive marketing information.
Does WGACA share my information?
- We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We may share your information with our affiliated companies, for their use consistent with this policy, including for marketing purposes.
- We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, processing credit cards, fulfilling your requests, or helping prevent, detect and investigate fraudulent or suspicious activities and transactions. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
- We may share your information when we team up with another company to offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers.
- We may share information about you if necessary, in our good faith judgment, to: (1) comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, inquiry or request from government or public authorities in any country in which we operate, including the U.S. and Canada; (2) protect the rights, privacy or safety of WGACA or others; (3) protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes; (4) permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages we may sustain; or (5) enforce our policies or the terms and conditions applicable to any contest, promotion or program.
In the unlikely event of a reorganization, sale, merger, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding) of all or any portion of the business, assets or stock of WGACA or its parent company, our customers' personal information and other information we have collected as described in this policy may be among the transferred business assets and may be shared with other parties.
How do I access or change my information?
You can review and change certain personal information related to your use of our online site (such as your name and contact information). To access your information at our website, simply sign in to your account using your email address and password, and you will be able to edit your personal information in your account profile. You can also ask us to update your personal information by contacting us. Please note that any request to update your personal information may take up to 10 days for your email request and 6-8 weeks for your postal mail request.
How do I make choices about receiving promotional communications?
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as information about special offers and sales events, from us, you can let us know by contacting our customer service as described in the section entitled, "How do I contact you?", below. Please be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you registered with or made a purchase from us. If you ask us to remove your name and address from promotional lists, we will maintain your name in a "do not contact" file to ensure that we can honor your request. It may take up to 10 days to process your email request and 6-8 weeks to process your postal mail request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from us.
If you change your mind, you can start receiving promotional communications by email from us again by re-signing up for email when you visit our website or our stores or when you enter a sweepstakes or contest, or by contacting customer service. You can start receiving promotional communications by mail from us again by contacting customer service.
Please note that when you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to submit any personal information to WhatGoesAroundNYC.com. This website is intended for users who are 13 years of age and older.
How does WGACA collect and use non-personal information?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. If you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to access your account information or make purchases on our website.
We also use "pixel tags" (also called "web beacons" or "clear gifs"), which are tiny graphic images, on our website and in our emails. Pixel tags help us analyze our customers' online behavior and measure the effectiveness of our website and our advertising. We work with service providers that help us track, collect, and analyze this information.
Pixel tags on our sites may be used to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the site. This information may include your computer's Internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the website you visited immediately before coming to our site. We do not otherwise track any information about your use of other, non-affiliated websites.
Pixel tags and cookies in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us.
We may combine the information we collect through cookies and pixel tags with other information we have collected from and about you. This information may be used to improve our website, to personalize your online experience, to tailor our communications with you, to determine the effectiveness of our advertising, and for other internal business purposes.
How is my information used for behavioral or interest-based advertising?
We work with third-party companies that use tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our website in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on our site and your interaction with our advertising and other communications and use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, including how you can opt out of receiving behavioral ads, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance website at http://www.aboutads.info.
How does WGACA collect and use IP addresses?
Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit our website, along with the time of your visit and the pages that you visited. It is also collected by pixel tags, as described above. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
We may use IP addresses for the same purposes for which we use personal information, as well as for calculating website usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering our website and your use of our website including providing opportunities to you and fulfilling your requests and purchases. Except where otherwise required by law, we treat IP addresses, server log files and related information as non-personal information.
How do I know my personal information is secure?
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personal information from unauthorized access, acquisition or disclosure. Sensitive personal information contained in orders placed on WhatGoesAroundNYC.com are encrypted using 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. In order for SSL security to work, you must use an SSL enabled browser. *Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is a technology used by vendors to ensure the security of online business. It negotiates and employs the essential functions of mutual authentication, data encryption and data integrity for secure transactions.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through the Website cannot be guaranteed. Please do not send us sensitive information through email. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately.
What is "phishing"?
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information through email.
What about links to other websites?
How long do you retain my information?
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.